Major horror

Major horror
hey there!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Countdown to October!

xIt's almost October, my demonic darlings. Just one more day of (yawn) September! 
A fellow horror aficionado challenged my to name my top 5 FAVORITE and top 5 SCARIEST horror movies. It's easier said than done, fiendish friends. I'm working on them... and I'll share them soon...but I don't know if I can top  hers! She kindly offered to share them, so here they are.....

"Submitted for your consideration (in no particular order):
Favorites:
1.  The Sentinel – 1977 (Burgess Meredith is scary without having to even open his mouth.  Also, Chris Sarandon is in this, he’s been my secret boyfriend for almost 30 years….)
2. Fright Night – Original, with Chris Sarandon (see above)
3. Salem’s Lot – Great adaptation
4. The Shining – All work and no play…
5. The Hunger (Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie and Susan Sarandon!)
Scariest:  these were picked based on how much they scared me the first time I watched them
1. Alone in the Dark – 1982 (Forget Ripley’s Believe it or Not, Jack Palance is one scary pyscho!)
2. Nightmare on Elm Street – literally couldn’t sleep after this one.
3. Silence of the Lambs – too real, psychotics are scary as hell
4. The Exorcist.  Obvs.
5. Children of the Corn – maybe cheesy pick but any movie that has a character named Malachai is naturally scary.
Ok, so this was WAY harder than I thought and there are glaring omissions, such as almost every Vincent Price/Poe match up.  Most of John Carpenters flicks and a few of Cronenberg’s.  Almost every movie based on Stephen King novel with rare exception.  And on and on and on…  
Now to go watch some scary movies!!"

Thanks Killer Kris! I gotta watch Alone in the Dark now! 
How about all you guys and ghouls? What are YOUR favorites?

❤️, Creepy Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment